Friday, December 4, 2009

Making Tortillas 12-3-2009







We made homemade tortillas last night.  Raegan was so cute.  She has to help with EVERY step.  She rolled up her little pieces forever and then rolled out the first tortilla for at least 5 minutes.  Neither one of us was brave enough to try the super tough tortilla.  While I rolled them out, Chris cooked them and Raegan drowned them in butter (notice the extra butter on the calendar!).  When we weren't looking she would poke them with the knife, creating little holes.  When we filled them with beans they oosed out those little hole but we still enjoyed bean burritos.  Super yummy.  It's been years since I've made them.  It always brings back great memories from my childhood when Momma used to make them all the time.  I can remember waiting by the griddle and as one came off, I ate it.  Hot and buttery!  Thanks mom for the great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment